Environmental management systems in practice - ISO 14001
Acquire knowledge of what an environmental management system is, developments within the field, and what it all means in practice for your company.
We review case studies, mixed in with theory, regarding how an environmental management system is constructed. As knowledge of the environment is important to the construction of an environmental management system, we also discuss general environmental problems such as methods for observing, handling and assessing these.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at anyone who is involved in constructing, working with or affected by environmental management systems.
What prior knowledge is required?
This training requires no prior knowledge.
Purpose and goal
The goal of this training is to give you practical knowledge in how to construct a functioning environmental management system in accordance with ISO 14001.
After completing the course, you will be familiar with the basics of environmental management systems, laws, problems and tools. The training also provides an insight into the importance of having an environmental management system in an organisation.
Before the training, you will be sent some homework so that you can study the ISO 14001 standard to facilitate learning.
We are participating in work to develop the new version of ISO 14001, which is being launched in 2015. We also have extensive expertise in the field.
This training is excellent for companies that face having to introduce or construct an environmental management system. I gained knowledge of environmental management systems both in theory and practice. The trainer was very knowledgeable about the subject and imparted information very well. I’ve got a better understanding of why we do things in different ways and, above all, why we have an environmental management system. This course has inspired me! I often use the course documentation as reference..
Mikael Pettersson, Environmental Manager, Källby Rör AB
Facts about Environmental management systems in practice - ISO 14001
Day 1 09:00 - 18:00
- Overview of environmental management systems
- General environmental knowledge
- Case study: Mapping the incidence of environmental problems
- Environmental assessment
- Case study: Introductory environmental assessment
- Environmental legislation
- Environmental aspect registers and significant environmental impact
- Case study: Assessment of environmental aspects
Day 2 08:00 - 16:30
- Policy, goals and programmes
- Case study: Policy – goals – programmes
- Organisation and training
- Case study: Training and purchasing
- Operational management, documentation
- Corrective and preventative measures
- Internal audits
- Management review