Client system requirements
- Browser: Internet Explorer 9-11, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- MS .NET Framework 3.5 for certain functions.
- Silverlight 5.0+ for certain functions.
- Adobe Reader X or later is required if you intend to use the document viewer. (Only applies to the document module)
Server system requirements
- Windows Server 2008+ and IIS 7+.
- MS .NET Framework 4.5.2+
- MS SQL Server Standard 2008+.
- Office Filter Pack 2010 for full text search.
- Hardware requirements: Varies depending on the expected load, number of simultaneous users and how much data is to be stored. Recommended x64 2.2+ GHz quad-core processor and 8 GB RAM. Hard disk space depending on how much data will be stored.
Other technical information
- The system runs in its own environment or as a service over the internet, with CANEA then responsible for operation.
- The system is a wholly web-based application built on Microsoft .NET. Data is stored in an MS SQL database.
- E-mail generated by the system is sent by a Windows service using the SMTP protocol.
- The system functions in a virtual IT environment with support for thin clients.
- The system supports mobile devices (iOS and Android). This requires installation of a mobile server.
- The permissions system is constructed on several levels to facilitate access control and to protect data in an optimal manner. The levels managed are database, application, interface and object.
- The system is wholly integrated with MS Active Directory for permission control, synchronisation of user information and organisational affiliation.
- There are ready-to-use functions for integration with MS Office and MS Windows that facilitate use of the system.
- The system has inbuilt support and a standard interface to exchange information with other systems via web services.
- The system integrates with the intranet portal MS SharePoint 2010.