There is often significant potential to coordinate and exploit an organisation's resources in a better way. Optimal resource management is the greatest challenge for many organisations today. Common questions that can quickly be answered through a resource management solution are:
- What am I planned to do?
- What does availability look like in the future?
- How do I plan in the best way?
- What was the occupancy last quarter?
Resource management is simultaneously a complicated and time-consuming task since resource requirements and planning change on an ongoing basis and there is a lot of information which must be compiled. It is important to focus on making resource management simple, clear and collecting all information in a single location.
The business case for resource management
A solution for resource management can give results such as:
- Facilitating planning and booking of roles and resources.
- Reducing the risk of delays due to over- and incorrect booking.
- Increasing work quality through skills improvement and achieving "the right person in the right place".
- Helping with optimisation and replanning, for example, during resource conflicts.
- Better decision bases through full control of resource occupancy, prognoses and available time.
Resource optimisation in several steps
To achieve effective resource management it is important that all employees are involved and that all time is planned. The following comprehensive steps show how you can optimise resources:
- Identify, inventory and map resources.
- Search for, plan and request resources.
- Distribute and secure resources.
- Follow up and streamline resources.
- Optimize resources.
A solution for resource management can be used both for planning and following up occupancy in a service company and for planning and optimising staffing in a manufacturing company. The solution can be used for planning:
- Line work
- Project work
- Billable time
- Own time
- Other time
How does CANEA solve resource management?
CANEA ONE is an integrated program family which includes solutions for managing business information such as goals, projects, documents, processes, cases and other data.
The CANEA Project module is designed to support resource management within an organisation with functions including:
- Resource management - effectively search for and plan resources.
- Requesting - enquiries for and booking of resources.
- Availability - free capacity/time per department/role.
- Occupancy - overview resource exploitation and occupancy rate.
- Skills management - mapping of searches for skills.
- Holiday and schedules - overview of unbookable time.
Read more about CANEA Project here.